Taper-Lock Cutting Head
These will only fit the Gen 3 trimmer with the Taper-Lock shaft
Not for the Gen 2 Trimmer
The Taper-Lock cutter head utilizes both the Forster pilots and carbide blades. The Taper-Lock cutter head trims full length as well as chamfers both the inside and outside of the case. The carbide blades are extremely repeatable and bullet proof.
- Cutter bodies are machined from 416 stainless steel
- Chamfers the inside case mouth to an angle of 14°.
- Chamfers the outside case mouth to an angle of 30°
- Blades are made from carbide.
- The Taper-Lock cutters are factory adjusted and tested for each caliber.
- Utilizes a through shaft screw design for precision alignment
- All pilots are Caliber-Specific.
Taper-Lock Cutter Replacement
- Disconnect Power Source Before making Any Adjustment
Refer to pictures above
- Insert 5/32 Allen wrench into socket head screw in the middle of the pulley
- Insert 11/16 wrench on the front of drive shaft
- Holding the Allen wrench fixed, loosen the cutter with the 11/16 wrench
- Once loose, remove socket head screw with fingers
- Replace cutter making sure both tapers are clean
- Hold cutter firm against the female taper with fingers reinsert the 10/24 socket head screw until both parts are snug
- Inserted the 10/24 Allen wrench holding it fixed tight cutter to the shaft with 11/16 wrench until snug.
- Do not over tighten assembly